Saturday, August 4 | New Providence Pool
The event promotes an active lifestyle in today’s youth and strives to teach good sportsmanship while providing a fun and competitive environment.
REGISTRATION FEE: $25 per participant (includes shirt* & medal)
*To guarantee shirt size, participant must be registered by July 2, 2018.
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: July 15, 2018
MANDATORY PACKET-PICK UP: More info coming soon!
*Athletes must be between 3 & 12 years old by August 4, 2018
- Tiny Tykes: Ages 3 to 5, Swim 25m, Bike .25 mile, Run 100 yards
- Junior: Ages 6 to 8, Swim 50m, Bike .50 mile, Run .25 miles
- Senior: Ages 9 to 12, Swim 100m, Bike 1 mile, Run .50 mile
WHAT YOU NEED FOR A TRIATHLON:
- Bike Helmet – required (no exceptions)
- Bike – required; on-site inspections (training wheels allowed)
- Tennis Shoes – required (no flip flops)
- Swimsuit – Arrive with suit on (swim aids must be coast guard approved)
- Goggles (recommended)
- Watch – to record your time, if desired
- Water or Gatorade. Water will be provided along the run & at the finish line
- Positive Attitude to have FUN!
COURSE WALK-THRU: August 3, 2018 at 5 p.m.
Opportunity to walk walk through the course with your child so they are comfortable with the route and transition areas.
COURSE MAP: Download now!
PARKING: Parking lots at the pool and Kleeman Center will be closed off at 8:30am for the race to begin by 9:00am. Parking will be available in the Northwest Little League lot by Stokes Field behind Hardees, off Fort Campbell Blvd. Once the race begins the course will be secured and you will NOT be able to access the parking lot to your vehicle. This will limit traffic on the route for the safety of ALL participants.
TIMING: This event is designed to encourage an active lifestyle in youth and for the participants to have FUN. The race will not be officially timed. Each participant may wear a water proof watch if they wish to record their time.
RACE AWARDS: After crossing the finish line each participant will be presented their award, then they may advance to the Winner’s Circle where there will be prizes, special guests and a pedestal for photo opportunities.
INVOLVEMENT: To ensure this race is a safe and FUN event for all participants we need volunteers along the route and in the transition areas to assist the little athletes. Please show your support by checking one of the volunteer options on the registration page. Volunteers will go through a brief pre-night event training August 3 at New Providence Pool at 5:30 p.m.
Stay tuned to the Wonder Kids Triathlon event page on Facebook for updates!